Sunday 22 December 2013

Alternative advent calendar #22

So Helene in Between wrote an excellent post called 10 Things That 2013 Taught Me, I sat nodding my head in agreement with almost every point listed so thought I would list my own 10 things that 2013 taught me in homage to Helene's excellent blog!

1. 2013 taught me that I cannot get enough awkward cat photos, I post so many to Facebook it's a miracle more people haven't blocked me...

This fella ate a bee, his face is a picture of regret.
2. Breaking Bad stole my life in 2013, but then I think it stole everyone's life didn't it? 2013 taught me that opening a Netflix account might have been a bad idea.

{source}
3. 2013 has been a painful wait, waiting, waiting, waiting for Sherlock series 3 to air.  As it happens it's going to be shown on 1st January 2014 but whatever.  It's here!  It's here!  Therefore 2013 has taught me that patience is a virtue.


4. 2013 taught me to embrace my inner old lady and so I turned all out-doorsy, lots of walking in the woods, walking on the beach, digging on the allotment and visiting National Trust properties where I enjoyed a cup of tea and a cake.  Oooooh lovely bit of cake.

Introducing the 60-year old girl meme
5. Coffee made me it's slave.  I've always been partial to the odd cup of coffee but this year I don't seem to function without it.  Help me.  2013 taught me that I need to get more sleep.

6. Millenials.  2013 taught me the best ways to get the best out of my millenials.  It's not easy folks.

19 facts we learned about millenials

7. 2013 taught me that sometimes you just have to stand up and be counted.  It's scary and isolating (yep I've lost friends over my decision to strike) but if you believe things are wrong then you have to show those that make the decisions that you won't stand for it.


8. 2013 has taught me that I scan Buzzfeed far too much, but that means I find gems like this computer game in the making, so that's ok then.

{source}
9. 2013 has taught me that I'm not scared of flying after all, duh.  I'm guessing 2014 will teach me not to spend all my money on holidays.

10. and finally.... 2013 taught me I can have my mind blown away by The Drowned Man: A Hollywood Fable.  Have I mentioned it before?  I not sure I have.  Accidentally purchased another ticket for February.


So what has 2013 taught you?  I would love to know!

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment is free!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...