Thursday 19 June 2014

#100happydays

Wow where did the last month go?  Travelling, working, holidaying and not blogging have been the go for me and I am very behind with my #100happydays so I'm going to bundle a bunch of them together.  Here are days 71-86:

71. Mewster investigating...

72. MozzyMr and I visited the Gilbert and George retrospective at the RAMM museum in Exeter, it was great but we weren't allowed to take photos so here is a picture of some taxidermy.  I visit to the RAMM wouldn't be complete without a visit to the bird room!

73. I LOVE this time of year, all the seedlings coming to life in the polytunnel, when you pull back the doors it smells amazing!

74. One of the many perks of working in a University International Office is getting snacks from around the world.  Now I appreciate wasabi peas are not difficult to get hold of in the UK however these blow your head off!

75. One tin foiled desk to send our colleague off!

76. More visits to London, this time to attend Secret Cinema, which involved dressing up in 1920's style clothing and having a lot of fun!  (Being Secret Cinema I can't really tell you anymore....)

77.  My runner beans were doing so well, until I planted them out before leaving for San Diego, when I got back they had been eaten by slugs.  Every last one of them.

78. Oh boy did I miss this little face whilst I was away, since returning she has been super clingy and appreciative of us being back.  

79. The rewards of all that hard work I put into making the back garden nice last year, so many of the plants I put in have established and are flourishing it's really nice to be out there in the evening.

80. The San Diego conference centre where I was based for the first week of my time in the US.  The conference was incredibly tiring but worth it, my hotel was a stones throw from the centre and every single day the sun shone!

81. Finally I had my last meeting and then I was on holiday!  MozzyMr joined me at the end of my week of work and we moved from the hotel I was staying in during the conference to an apartment North of Balboa Park.  This photo was taken in Balboa Park, so much colour!

82. It is fair to say we put on a little extra weight whilst we were abroad but hey you have to make the most of the food that's available to you!

83. San Diego had succulents and cacti absolutely everywhere you turned, I was in heaven!  My phone and my camera are jammed with pictures.

84. On our final evening we went out to the Harvey Milk American diner where I had this gin, it was supposed to be with tonic but I'm fairly certain they put soda water with it.  It wasn't that nice to be honest, but I did love the mason jar it came in.

85. My draw for the world cup sweepstake at work, not too shabby.

86. Last weekend I was in London once more, my brother and I did the double show of the Drowned Man on Saturday and one show on the Sunday.  We had the executive tickets for the Sunday as it was to be my final show, all three shows were great and it is with a heavy heart that I look at this picture and think that it was my last time seeing it before the production closes.


#100happydays round up:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment is free!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...